Helpful
    Up
    Down
    Not Helpful
    triggre
    Keymaster

Hi Frenck,

This one gave me a bit of a headache 🙂

Firstly, to quickly address “So it seems that i do need to define extra specific columns as [ID] columns, but i do not know which ones.”: The [ID] is something you pick in Excel. It can be any property from your data item with unique values and you can always have at most one column marked as [ID] in your Excel-file. You can’t do anything wrong there (as long as you pick one column with unique values).

Now, regarding the Excel-file you imported. I retrieved it so I could have a look at it and some really weird stuff is going on in there. For some reason, there is a lot more in there than I’m seeing and I have no clue why (maybe you know). On the Product-tab, columns A through K are filled with data you entered. However, even though I don’t see it, Excel also seems to think there is something in columns L through R as well, which would make sense with the error in Triggre from you last screenshot. The same goes for a lot of the rows. When I deleted columns L through R and most of the rows and tried to import the file (on my test environment), it imported just fine. So that would solve the immediate problem I think.

I’ve never seen this before. We will need to build some logic that ignores data that isn’t there, but at the same time Excel seems to think is there.

Get your own personalized walk-through to discover what Triggre has to offer, in only 10 minutes!

By signing up for your personalized walk-through, you agree to receive e-mails from Triggre.