Checking age of the user of the application (dynamically). Date calculations

Forums Designer Building applications Checking age of the user of the application (dynamically). Date calculations

Participant

Hi,

Totally new here and I’m sure there is an easy way to do this:

I am building an application to automate parts of the creation of a Will (‘testament’). It is only possible to create a Will if you are older than 21 years. So, I want to create a rule to test if a person is older than 21. The applicant already has given me his or her day of birth, so I do have access to that data/information. Now, what would be the easy way to calculate the age of the applicant? I have been fiddling around with dates but I can’t find an easy way to do it. (‘Geboortedatum’ means ‘day of birth’)

Schermafbeelding 2020-03-26 om 21.17.43

See the screenshot above to explain my issue. (‘Geboortedatum’ means ‘day of birth’)

I am going to VALIDATION RULE since I want to check the age and give an announcement if the applicant is too young. (is that my mistake?)

ADD CONTENT => Current date – Day of birth > +

TYPE: specific content

SPECIFIC DATE: that is not what I want, I want to simply fill out 21 years. Not a date.  I simply want to subtract date A minus date B and see if there are more than 21 years between those two dates. How do I do that?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Replies
    Jochem Spronk
    Up
    Down

Hi Paul,

I think I could help you with this. Triggre has s standardfunction that you can use, called “add n years to A”. Therefore you can add, for example, 21 years to your birth date. When the current date is greater than your birthdate + 21 years, this means that you are older than 21.

I added this into your userflow.

Schermafbeelding 2020-03-27 om 10.30.47

Does this help?

Jochem

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Get started for free and experience the power of the Triggre platform.

By signing up for your free account, you agree to receive e-mails from Triggre.

By using our site you agree to our use of cookies to deliver a better site experience.